What I reproduce here, for ease of reference, is an ongoing series of quotations from various sources, contemporary and modern, illustrating the hotly debated connection between jews and revolutionary ideas, particularly marxism. What these sources do not provide is proof positive that the jews and communism or jews and bolshevism are interchangeable (which is in my opinion an incorrect and overstated argument), but what they do provide is an easy-to-use archive of properly referenced quotes for the use of those engaged in arguments or research on this question. As many of the
I have also marked (inside the  at the end of) the quotations for particular characteristics, which I provide a key to below:
* = Makes observations on the basis of their own visit to the Soviet Union.
+ = Makes observations on the basis of their experiences in Imperial Russia and/or during the Russian Civil War.
# = Makes observations on the basis of their own experiences in other countries that has Soviet/marxist style revolutions or attempted revolutions.
- = The author is of questionable reliability.
J = The author is a jew or jewess.
Any additional notes that maybe required for purposes of explanation and context have been made after the full citation in the references. The quotations are in no particular order.
If you have any additional quotes that you can properly reference and believe them to be of value then please do not hesitate to send them to me at the usual address: Semitic.Controversies@googlemail.com.
'The censorship department, and that means the whole machine for controlling the home and muzzling the foreign press, was entirely staffed by Jews.' (1)[*]
'There seemed not to be a single non-Jewish official in the whole outfit, and they were just the same Jews as you met in New York, Berlin, Vienna and Prague - well-manicured, well-fed, dressed with a touch of the dandy. I was told that the proportion of Jews in Government is small, but in this one department that I got to know intimately they seemed to have a monopoly, and I asked myself, where were the Russians?' (2)[*]
'How is it possible for the Jewish press to pretend that a connexion between Jews and Bolshevism is a malicious invention of the "anti-Semites"? That all Jews are not Bolsheviks and that all Bolsheviks are not Jews is of course obvious; but that Jews are playing a preponderating part in Bolshevism is absurd to deny.' (3)
'The same report publishes a list of seventy-six men prosecuted by the Committee on the charge of criminal anarchy in America at the beginning of 1920, of which the overwhelming majority are seen by their names to be Jewish.' (4) [-]
'These ninety thousand exiles constituted the heart of the approaching Bolshevik revolution. They were almost to the last man professional revolutionaries, and with few exceptions they were Jewish.' (5) [-]
'In addition to the general tendency to play down the influence and number of Russian revolutionary Jews due to antisemitic demagogy reaching back to tsarist times, research on Jewish participants in Populist organizations and parties has suffered from the preconceived idea that Populism, as an indigenous Russian ideology, was alien to the Jewish character both in Weltanschauung and revolutionary practice. Accordingly, Jewish historians have argued that this variant of Russian socialism held no attraction for Jews. Unlike latter-day Russian Social Democracy, which appealed to the Jewish psyche with its Marxist internationalism, messianic determinism, and proletarian univeralism, there was nothing in Populism a Jew could identify with. Hence, in the opinion of Lev Deich, Elias Tscherikower, and Leonard Shapiro, who have done most to shape our perceptions on the subject, the national particularlism, reactionary traditionalism, and archaic peasantism of the Russian Populists precluded meaning participation by Jews in the revolutionary movement of the 1870s and 1880s. This, they assert, is reflected in the supposedly miniscule Jewish involvement in the Populist circles and organizations of these two decades. Close investigation bears out none of this. My findings indicate that Jews flocked as much to the revolutionary standard of Populism as to that of Marxism later on; and they did so for the same motives, which were rooted in their Jewish upbringing and Jewish cosmopolitan desire to better the world.' (6)
'The number of Jews occupying high positions in the Soviet Government is probably larger than the Jewish community is entitled to either on account of its numbers or its higher education standard. But even in Russia, there are many Jewish anti-Bolsheviks; and several of the leading Commissars are very anti-Jewish. Chicherin is Russian, though several of his assistants are Jews. Derzhinsky, the head of the Extraordinary Commission, is either Russian or Polish, and none of the people whom I met in that institution were Jews. Derzhinsky's right-hand man, Mogilevsky, with whom I was brought into close and unpleasant relations, is very anti-Jewish, and is at present trying to get hold of a Jew in Moscow who supplied Mr. North, it is alleged, with large sums of money for anti-Bolshevik agitation.
There must be many such anti-Bolshevik Jews who are probably opposed to Lenin on account of his ingenious scheme of inflating the currency until money becomes valueless. One can quite understand that a race with the financial ability of the Hebrews should dislike such a project.' (7) [+]
'"Those at present active in nuclei work are primarily English, Jewish, and German, and here and there Finnish comrades. From the other nationalities there are very few who participate in this work.' (8)
'After leaving the Embassy I went to the Ours and had luncheon with Frasso, who had been at the Duma till 5 yesterday. He had nothing new to tell. In the afternoon found Madame Polovtsov just going out, so we went together down the Morskaia - Jewish students were pulling down the eagles over the shops and over the Yacht Club.' (9) [+-]
'As I happened to be at the last representation of the Imperial ballet, I went this evening to the first representation of the ballet under the new order. I was there before the curtain went up, at 7, an hour earlier than formerly. In the ground floor Imperial stage box on the left, where the Grand Dukes always sat, were several lady dancers and one man. Over their head, in the first box, where the children of the Grand Dukes used to go, were a Jew and a Jewess.' (10) [+-]
'The Jews are working openly for Germany. They are buying up house property, which is being sold much below its value for fear of worse days.' (11) [+-]
'In Budapest the working masses became threateningly restless; near the communal food-shops and other stores the waiting crowd was no longer patient and silent. I stopped often at the edge of the pavement and listened to what they said. The shabby, waiting rows of tired people struggled for hours between two wedges. In the shop the profiteers sucked their life blood; in the street paid agitators incited them cunningly, clandestinely against "the gentle-folk." "If it all depends on us how long we stand we stand it. After all we are the majority, not they."
The crowd approved and failed to notice that the Semitic race was only to be found at the two ends of the queue, and that not a single representative of it could be seen as a buyer among the crowding, the poor, and the starving... This was symbolical, a condensed picture of Budapest. The sellers, the agitators were Jews. The buyers and the misguided were the people of the capital.' (12) [#]
'As if executing a pre-arranged plan, at an inaudible command, the Jewish leaders of the trade-unions, the Jewish officials of the workmen's clubs, usurped authority.' (13) [#-]
'A goodly proportion of the hundred Jews who came out of Germany with Lenin, and the hundres who came from Chicago, deserve to be included in this gallery, for they undoubtedly held Russia under their sway.' (14) [+-]
(1) Douglas Reed, 1938, 'Insanity Fair', 1st Edition, Jonathan Cape: London, p. 195. Reed might be considered by some to be an unreliable source in view of his later well-documented anti-Semitic writing (i.e. ‘Far and Wide’ and 'The Controversy of Zion'), but when he wrote 'Insanity Fair' and his other
(3) Nesta Webster, n.d., , 'Secret Societies and Subversive Movements', 1st Edition, Omni: Palmdale, p. 387. Webster is often defamed by odious critics (who usually haven't bothered to read or accurately represent her views, which were more rational and well-researched than they present them as), but as she worked purely from secondary sources her work was heavily coloured by what information she had to hand, which is why I cite only those passages that have lasting value.
(4) Ibid. The report Webster is referring to is the Lusk Report of 1920. I have marked this to be of questionable reliability, because of the methodology that Webster professes to use [i.e. 'jewish names'], which is not a cogent general indicator of racial origin.
(5) Frank Britton, 1954, 'Behind Communism', 1st Edition, Self-Published (possibly 'American Nationalists'): Unknown, p. 45. This is the repetition of an old 'White Guard' rumour that gained currency in anti-Communist and anti-Semitic circles. It has widely been discredited, but I provide it for the sake of completeness and because any collection of this kind without noting this widely-credited rumour would certainly be remiss. A variant of this rumour can be seen cited in Revilo Oliver, 1966, 'All America Must Know The Terror That Is Upon Us', 1st Edition, Conservative Viewpoint: Bakersfield, p. 15 n. 1; pp. 22-23 n. 21. It is worth noting that Oliver notes the same sources used to substantiate this rumour by Denis Fahey (who Oliver cites as well) and Nesta Webster (Britton likely is using these widely-circulated sources as factual cribs as well).
(6) Erich Haberer, 2004, , 'Jews and Revolution in Nineteenth-Century Russia', 1st Edition, Cambridge University Press: New York, p. xii. This is a summary of Haberer's findings that he himself gives in his preface, which serves to indicate in a short, useful quotation the long evidenced argument he makes (but it does not include the qualifiers that he himself makes for which you will have to either purchase or borrow this excellent work).
(7) Francis McCullagh, 1922, 'A Prisoner of the Reds: The Story of a British Officer Captured in Siberia', 1st Edition, E. P. Dutton: New York, pp. 267-268.
(8) R. Whitney, 1924, 'Reds in America', 1st Edition, The Beckwith Press: New York, p. 135. This is a quotation from the second captured report from the raid on the Communist Party convention at Bridgman, Michigan on the 22nd August 1922. For additional confirmation of this general point see Pierre Huss, George Carpozi Jr., 1965, 'Red Spies in the UN', 1st Edition, Coward-McCann: New York particularly the case of the jewess Judith Coplon on pp. 16-40 (whose husband and family own and a well-know prosperous jewish legal practice in New York to this day [Coplon was never imprisoned for the espionage she carried out for the Soviet Union on the basis of legal technicalities]) [also mentioned by Britton, Op. Cit., p. 76]. Also see Whittaker Chambers, 1952, 'Witness', 1st Edition, Random House: New York, which is Chambers' semi-autobiographical exposition of Soviet espionage in the United States (Chambers had himself been an important spy and helped run a major Soviet spy ring with Elisabeth Bentley: hence can be reasonably relied upon) and contains many accounts of jewish Soviet spies in the United States. Chambers' own wife (one Esther Shemitz), according to Britton (Op. Cit., p 91), was a communist jewess and this seems to be probable even if I have been unable to undeniably confirm it [Britton, as usual, cites no sources and doesn't even mention Chambers' wife's name, but I have found it via an internet search].
(9) Anon., 1919, 'The Russian Diary of an Englishman: Petrograd, 1915-1917', 1st Edition, Robert McBride: New York p. 120. I have listed this as unreliable, because the author is unnamed and hence I cannot confirm whether this account is really first-hand or whether it is a literary invention (a bit like your average 'holocaust survivor' tale if you will). The passage in question states (on p. 119) that it is from Friday the 16th of March 1917: it does however seem to be a genuine diary as opposed to a literary invention (but without close investigation one cannot know for sure).
(10) Ibid., p. 137. The entry is listed as that for Wednesday the 28th of March 1917.
(11) Ibid., pp. 156-157. The entry is listed as that for the 20th of April 1917 on p. 152. It is necessary to note that the claim that 'the Jews are working openly for Germany' is probably a veiled reference to the anti-war agitation that was being conducted at the time, which was probably of a socialistic, populist, liberal and/or marxist nature (i.e. the logic is: if one is a pacifist then one is working for German victory in the First World War). It should not be taken literally. It is also unlikely to be a reference to Lenin's 'closed carriage' through Germany to agitate against the war in Russia as Lenin was not at this point an important individual, but only a minor player in Russian politics.
(12) Cecile Tormay, 1923, 'An Outlaw's Diary: Revolution', 1st Edition, Philip Allan: London, p. 45.
(13) Ibid., p. 88. I have marked this passage as potentially unreliable, because Tormay suggests throughout, but particularly in this quoted passage, that the jews were as a group behind the whole communist revolution in Hungary and this is a discredited (not to mention unrealistic) point of view, but it does have some truth to it in that jews were proportionally higher in the short-lived Communist coup in Hungary by Bela Kuhn than in the Soviet Union of the early years (one finds this view reflected by Tormay on p. 89 where she lists jewish communist leaders and jewish aides she knows of to evidence her thesis. I have not listed these as they are probably conjecture as opposed to knowns from her experiences).
(14) Robert Wilton, 1920, 'The Last Days of the Romanovs: From 15th March, 1917', 1st Edition, Thornton Butterworth: London, p. 27. Wilton is not a reliable source, but as he was present in Russia during the communist revolution it is worth including appropriate parts of his testimony as it is a legitimate, if very inaccurate, source (for the same reasons, outlined in n. 5 above, that I have quoted Frank Britton's work). For a more detailed review of the problems of Wilton's book please see our article: 'A Judeo-Bolshevik Debacle' (http://semiticcontroversies.blogspot...k-debacle.html).